The openMDM® Working Group wants to foster and support an open and innovative eco-system providing tools and systems, qualification kits and adapters for standardized and vendor independent management of measurement data in accordance with the ASAM ODS standard.
In particular, the openMDM® Working Group will
- Define requirements for the development of the openMDM® core system and its related components
- Develop and maintain a standardized, generic business object model detailed by the ASAM ODS application model and the corresponding interface definitions
- Help to create, fund and oversee Eclipse projects that provide the necessary software components
- Provide the resources for managing the quality and the maturity of these components throughout the life-cycle
- Ensure open innovation through the sharing of the research, development, and maintenance efforts as far as possible
- Foster exchanges between academics, standardization organizations, industry partners and community
- Provide and maintain methods and best practices for standardized and vendor independent measurement data management
Collaboration of the members is crucial for the success of a vital openMDM® Working Group. The openMDM® Working Group commits itself to cooperation applying principles of openness, transparency and meritocracy.